Welcome!

Follow us on our journey to Edinburgh and back!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Refreshing Rehearsal

After being off the set for over two months now, we all gathered in the drama room at school this morning for our last week of rehearsals before the big trip. The morning was full of hugs and excitement as we all greeted each other like it was the first time in years. My fear of jumping right back into things swiftly turned to pure joy as I felt the lines, plot, and characters jump out of the page. Whether it be from taking fifteen minutes on one line, perfecting a scottish accent, simply reading through the whole show, or changing a few lines to suit the more risqué crowd in Edinburgh, I felt that there was new and creative energy in the room that Stan had predicted correctly. Filled with laughter and tears (from laughing so hard), the first day back has been refreshing! I am excited for what is to come and I know am not alone.

1 comment: