Welcome!

Follow us on our journey to Edinburgh and back!

Monday, July 25, 2011

And We're Back!

It sure feels good to get back into the swing of things! This morning I woke up three hours before call time, leaving myself time to jog, shower, make breakfast and lunch, review my lines, and still get to rehearsal with thirty minutes to spare. However, in consistency with the rest of my life, things didn't really go as planned...My alarm clock went on strike, my script went MIA, my brother used all the hot water, and several trees of printer paper and a fresh script later, I just made it to rehearsal on time (a.k.a., inappropriately late). Fortunately, my cast mates seemed to be struggling less, and once we got back into the play, it was surprisingly easy to slip right back into character. It has been a month or two, but remember: when playing a volatile Russian, when in doubt, slam fist on table. In order to really dig deeper into my character, I have my copy of The Communist Manifesto on its way from Amazon (how's that for a conversation starter?) and I am taking up ballet and the volynk (a charming Russian bag-pipe). Considering how long it has been since many of us have given any thought to delivering lines or scraping up our costume pieces, the first rehearsal went extremely smoothly with limited casualties or maiming. The energy in the drama room was palpable and a show we've read through dozens of times is still cracking us up. We have one week until we take off and I couldn't be more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment