Welcome!

Follow us on our journey to Edinburgh and back!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 1 of Rehearsal

As Mikey and Peter have both mentioned, there was a good deal of stress leading up to the first day of rehearsal. Revisiting a show, and re-adjusting to an altered script can be daunting- especially with the awareness that you're going to perform for an international audience! Suddenly the hype and the pressure feels so much bigger. But I think that the cast has channeled any pressures into excitement, because the vibe at rehearsal today was lively and you could feel a sense of comfort seep back into the show and the actors.

For me, the best part of rehearsal was watching each actor- including myself- find a new joke or reaction in an old line. Everyone has something new to work with! I've been spending the past hour figuring out different accents to incorporate into my lines, and I can't wait to try some out tomorrow! Day 1 in re-vamping 12 Incompetent Men and Women!

No comments:

Post a Comment