Welcome!

Follow us on our journey to Edinburgh and back!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Making the best of the rest of the trip!

Today we had our last performance of 12 Incompetent Men and Women. Seniors lead us though their last PDS warm ups and did a great job doing it because, the moment we enter the stage, we were all filled with so much energy and excitement. We gave it our all and left everything out on the stage. Our sold out house was so engaged and energized us actors on stage. But the best part for me was the fact that throughout the show I would hear the roaring laughter of Nick Banks, Stan and other recognizable laughs. Its incredible that we can still all get a kick out of jokes that we have been pulling for months now. Our run has been extremely enjoyable and it is sad it is all over now, but I am glad we went out with a bang.
After our show we all had dinner at Pullock Halls and then headed out to the Royal Mile. I had the privilege of seeing three amazing shows. Dinner was a dark comedy about a dinner party with a surprising twist that made the whole audience gasp. Dregs was a hilarious three man stand up comedy sketch at the coolest venue I've been to yet called the Underbelly. Paul was asked to go up on stage at one point and hold up a blown up soccer ball, and one of the men pointed at me to go up, but the other stopped him saying, "No she's only a baby." Lastly, almost the entire company went to Audience which involved psychologically addressing the audience with one camera panning around the house focusing on individuals and actors attempting to manipulate us by wearing some of our jackets in a runway show. It is fascinating jumping from drama, to comedy, to completely original works and it is really only possible to do that at the Fringe.
We had late passes and all decided to walk back home, which I just realized was our last late night in Edinburgh since we will have to wake up early on the 15th to catch our flight. It is frightening how quickly time flew past. It feels like just yesterday we were exploring London, seeing our first Fringe production, and performing in our European Premier. We have our last full day tomorrow and I know we will all strive to make it the best, which will be a challenge since we have had numerous, unbelievably remarkable days.
I just got off of Skype with my family, cousins, and my grandma and it was so great to see them all! I am looking forward to the time I will get to spend with them when I get back, but for now I am going to make the best of the rest of the trip.
Smiles!


Traverse Theater advertising for 12 Incompetent Men and Women
One of the many poster covered stairwells at the Underbelly venue
Meg, Sydney, Sabrina, Stan, and Julia sitting in the front row for Dinner
Skyping with my family
A peaceful goodnight view from my dorm



No comments:

Post a Comment